Get the Breasts You Wish You Could Have
Ever look and the mirror and wish for a more beautiful and shapely body? As a result of age, genetics, and many other outside factors, our bodies don’t always exhibit the look we desire. One area of the body that is a major concern for women is the breast region. The size and shape of your breasts is determined by factors that are out of your control.
In some cases, they may take on a look that you aren’t happy with. This can make you feel insecure about the way you look, but worry not, for there is a solution. Thanks to breast augmentation surgery, you can finally get the breasts you have always wanted.
The Breast Augmentation Procedure
Breast augmentation, augmentation mammoplasty, or boob job are all different terms for the plastic surgery that can help improve the size and shape of the breasts. By increasing the size and enhancing the shape of breasts through implants, breast augmentation can give natural looking and long lasting results. The surgery can:
• Correct asymmetrical breasts
• Restore the proportion of the breasts with the rest of the body
• Enhance and restore fullness to the breasts
• Help women fit into clothes better and look good
• Increase confidence and improve one’s self-image by helping them achieve a beautiful figure
The augmentation procedure is a blessing, especially for mastectomy patients and for women who have lost their ideal breast shape due to pregnancy and the natural aging process. People who have opted for the treatment often feel that it changed their lives for the better!
How Is the Breast Augmentation Surgery Performed?
The path to a better figure starts with a consultation with a plastic surgeon who you can trust. Your surgeon will assess your body as a whole and develop a surgical plan that suits you the best. He will also ask about your medical history to make sure that you are a good candidate for the procedure.
The surgery starts with applying a general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. Small incisions are made, generally in the armpit area, around the areola or under the breast fold. They are strategically made to keep the post surgical marks hidden from view. The size of the cut and location depend upon the extent of enhancement needed, the material used for augmentation, the comfort of the patient, and judgment of the surgeon.
The surgery may be combined with a mastectomy, or a breast lift may be done along with it. In such cases, the procedure is modified to suit the requirements of the other surgeries as well.
Breast augmentation can be done using any of the following:
• Flap techniques – Here, the tissues are harvested from the patient’s own body to augment the breasts. The tissues can be taken surgically from back, abdomen, buttocks or inner thighs.
• Fat grafting or autologous fat transfer – In this method, excess fat from other parts of the patient’s body are extracted using liposuction, purified and injected into the breasts to enhance them.
• Augmentation using artificial breast implants – Based on the requirements, an implant filled with saline or silicone gel, structured multi-shell implant filled with saline, or form stable cohesive silicone gel implant can be used.
All three materials have their own merits. A combination can also be used to get the best results.
After the incisions are sutured and bandaged, the surgery is complete. Within the span of a few weeks you can expect the treatment are to heal and the breasts you have always wanted will be revealed!
Contact Our Office
The beautiful breasts you have always wanted are one simple cosmetic procedure away. To learn more about the breast augmentation surgery, contact our office to schedule an informational consultation with skilled plastic surgeon, Dr. Trevor Born.