Coming in For Our Modern Facelift
Modern facelift techniques consists of a deep-reaching facelift that includes facial micro fat grafting. It is a technique that is suitable for everyone and can deliver amazing results with only minimal scarring. If you’re considering this modern cosmetic procedure, here is what you will need to know prior to the surgery.
What Is Facial Micro Fat Grafting?
Facial micro fat grafting is a fairly new technique that requires fat transplantation from one area of the body to another. The signs of aging start out with the loss of fullness in ones face. Instead of plump cheeks, you may start experiencing sagging in the cheek area, making you look older. That is where a modern facelift can help.
The micro fat grafting procedure utilizes micro lipo-aspiration techniques to harvest fat from places that have an excess of fat in the patient’s body. Your surgeon will then purify, and reinject the fat into the facial areas where there is currently a deficit of fat. This process will give you an impression of fullness in the face, making you look more youthful and beautiful.
Common Areas On The Face Where The Excess Fat Is Injected
• Forehead Creases
• Nasolabial Folds (laugh lines that are found on the sides of the mouth.)
• Cheek Augmentation
• The areas underneath the eyes that may appear sunken in.
Common Areas Where Fat Is Withdrawn
• Fat Deposits on the lower abdominal area
• Inner Thighs
Advantages Of Facial Micro Fat Grafting
• An obvious advantage of facial micro fat grafting is that when compared to dermal fillers, there is less chance of infection, as the fat is taken from your own body.
• When you receive dermal fillers, the body takes a period of approximately three to nine months to absorb the fillers. That means that the patient is forced to keep up regular injection schedules, but with fat injections, this is not necessary.
• Your new look will give you a boost to your self-confidence and self-esteem by making you look more youthful.
The issue that most people seem to suffer from after a modern facelift is swelling. The swelling won’t last very long, but that also varies from person to person. You can expect it to last for about a week and with proper care, it may dissipate even faster.
The modern facelift combines procedures like a blepharoplasty (more commonly known as eyelid surgery) and facelifts. You should have a detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon about the details and specifics of your procedure.
Results vary from patient to patient, so it is important for you to keep your expectations in check and not to expect a mirror image of some other person’s results. It has to be designed in an intricate manner to suit the needs of each individual patient.
You have to decide which area of your face you want to be enhanced and where you want the fat to be taken from. You can discuss all this with your doctor during your initial appointment.
Contact Our Office
In order to achieve the best results, you will need to make sure that you’re working with an experienced surgeon that you can trust. You can receive the help you need by contacting our office today. With the guidance of Dr. Trevor Born, one of North America’s leading practitioners in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery, you can achieve the beautiful look you desire.